JOURNEY TO SELLING A HOME – An Introduction of the Home Selling Process
With Century21 Hellmann Stribling, and Carol Hardy
- First Meeting
- I will meet with the home owner at the property to view the home, take pictures for notes, see the neighborhood, briefly discuss expectations (all should take about 15 to 30 minutes)
- Schedule the presentation for listing property
- Listing Representation
- Home owner and I meet at my office, Century21 Hellmann Stribling: 801 S. Main St., Georgetown, Tx. 78626, and review listing presentation.
- Discuss price, market expectations, goals, marketing plan, staging plans, pre-listing tasks, etc.
- Sign Listing Agreement
- Property Preparations
- Stage property if needed, schedule professional photographer (both will be at agent’s expense), create marketing material, signage, MLS activation, receive property keys, discuss property viewing plan.
- Activate MLS Listing
- Once the property is in MLS, all agents will be notified of this listing as well as any buyer that has criteria fitting this property. Viewings begin!
- Once an offer is received, I will present it to home owner and we will discuss accepting or countering the offer.
- If offer is countered by seller, negotiations begin between seller and buyer agents with notifications to clients.
- Offer Acceptance
- At time of accepting the offer, the contract is executed and sent to the title company. The option time begins for the buyer and this is when the inspections occur.
- After the inspection, the buyer agent will let the seller agent know if there are further negotiations required.
- Loan Approval –Appraisal
- The lender for the buyer will order an appraisal of the property and the loan continues to be processed.
- This is the closing of the transaction between seller and buyer.
- Property ownership transfers at closing and funding.
Of course there are other details that occur during this journey that you and your Realtor® will discuss. These are the basic steps to help a Seller understand the process.
CAROL HARDY, REALTOR®, GRI, RENE, PMN
A Survivor Helping You Cure Your Real Estate Needs!
Century21 Hellmann Stribling, 801 S. Main St., Georgetown, Tx. 78626